Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 1 March 2010

Sophie and Sian's lesbian storyline - "emotional and real"

The Sun has got a nice article today about Sophie's upcoming lesbian romance on Coronation Street with her pal Sian Powers. Sophie's going to get support from sister Rosie as she falls in love with Sian and the storyline's going to be "emotional and real".

Brooke Vincent, who plays Sophie, said: "Sacha and I were friends long before Corrie and I'm so glad it's her. We've been to drama school together and known each other since we were six or seven. She is one of my best friends, which means we've got each other and we're not doing it alone. The story's quite cleverly done. It's going to be implicit, not explicit, and we want that to come across. It's emotional and more about the feelings. It's such an honour to get a story like this at my young age."

Helen Flanagan, who plays Rosie, says this about Brooke: "They've given it to her because she's amazing. She's a scene stealer."

11 comments:

Tvor said...

chuckled at Helen Flanagan's remark. Well, they couldn't give it to Rosie after her history lol

Walzing Matilda said...

Too much like EE for me and too many stories ith the Websters too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree with Walzing Matilda...I like the Websters but they all have their own storylines which puts them at risk of being overused.

Sea Penguin said...

I think this'll be an interesting one.

gab said...

i thought sian left and anyway wasnt she in love with ryan?

Anonymous said...

Take out Ryan and put in Sian. But yes, I'm so tired of the Websters --all of them except for Bill (Kev's father) and Sophie.

Yoork said...

Yeah, I think if any Webster should get more storyline's it should be Bill, with Pam! Whatever happened with their relationship?

Also, this isn't really a "lesbian" storyline. More like bisexuality more like. I know Sian can't be a lesbian because of how in love with was with Ryan, Sophie not so sure, but still.

Maybe it'll be a good storyline, I hope it's carried out properly. I'm sure the Corrie male audience will be glued to the screens at the least now.

Anonymous said...

I think the lesbian storyline will be really interesting because it won't just be about a girl realising she's gay but also one who is deeply religious, so how will she reconcile the very real feelings she has with what her faith tells her is wrong. It's not always about how the society reacts to homosexuality but also how the individual accepts who they are..and who they fall in love with. I hope Corrie deals with this storyline with the respect it deserves.

Anonymous said...

personally, i'm dealing with a situation myself and hope that this storyline on sophie and sian will help.

Anonymous said...

Suggestion....... everybody email Corrie and tell them to keep Sian and Sophie together for a long time.

I dont watch corrie, but i do now!!

This seems to be a pattern amongst many people. They are popular already, once word gets around they will steal the show!

Everybody email Sophie/Sian support!

corrie@itv.com

Anonymous said...

i think it a really good storyline as im goin threw it myself.and ask for sian shes well fit who,ed not want to kiss her.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!